National Memorial Arboretum
UK Centre of Remembrance
This tour was one of our 2015 highlights. Please see our line up of our 2016 tours for further announcements.Book Tour >
- 3 days / 2 nights half board
- Departs Friday 18 September, returns Sunday 20 September 2015
- Price from £299 per person
- No single supplement
- Deposit: £75
To book use the link above or call 01473 660 800 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm) and quote Ref No 15028.
- Service of Remembrance and 2 minute silence in Millenium Chapel
- Wreath laying on Armed Forces Memorial with Standard Bearer
- Land Train tour of major memorials
- Time to wander the grounds and view some of the 300+ memorials
- Visit to Staffordshire Regimental Museum and WW1 trenches
Travel independently to Lichfield for check in at The Best Western George Hotel from 3pm. Located in the heart of England, it is easily accessible by both road and rail. The hotel has ample free parking. Lichfield City Station is just 500 metres from the hotel and Trent Valley Station is a short taxi ride away. Your tour manager will be athte hotel to greet you and assist with check in. (D)
Depart by coach for the short drive to the National Memorial Arboretum. You will be welcomed by the Managing Director who will give an introductory talk in the Chapel.
11am Act of Remembrance and 2 minute silence in the Chapel followed by wreath laying at the Armed Forces Memorial with a Royal British Legion Standard Bearer. Land Train guided tour of the site pointing out some of the major memorials. Free time to visit specific memorials followed by a private 2-course lunch (included).
Depart NMA at 2.30pm and visit Staffordshire Regiment Museum and WW1 Trenches (accessible by wheelchair). Evening at leisure. (B,L)
Check out and departure after breakfast. (B)
Meals included: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
You are free to make your own way to Lichfield to join this tour.